When a director confirms you in the portal, this is their way of expressing intent to hire you for the summer. There is nothing for you to do until your application is moved to 'Placed', and you'll get an email when it is moved forward.
Participants will be moved to Placed when all of the details of their camp placement have been 100% confirmed. These details include
- What airport you should fly into
- What date you should fly to Canada
- What date you will travel to camp
- How many days you will spend in the city before travelling to camp
- What qualification course you will participate in (if any)
- How you will get from the host city to camp
- Organising when your orientation will be
....and much more!
As you can see, there are a number of intricacies involved in moving your application to Get Prepared. Because it is a detail-oriented process, it often takes some time, and coordination between you, the Camp Canada team, and your camp.
We understand that once your placement has been confirmed, you're eager to start planning and booking flights. We're eager too! However, we also want to ensure that your trip is seamless, and without any costly travel changes.
Please do not book flights or make any travel arrangements before your application is moved forward.